Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Day at Antakya Archaeological Museum

"Mosaic of Soteria"

Hello friends, I would like to share a few pictures of Antakya Archaeological Museum which is in Hatay province of Turkey. It's one of the biggest mosaic museums.


I traveled to Hatay in 2008 and I took this pictures. It was pretty fun and I was really impressed by mosaics. They are very big and amazing.

"The Roman Emperor Lucius Verus"

Statues and mosaics are from the second to fifth centuries AD.


If you go to Turkey, you should definitely visit the museum. I'm sure that you will be amazed the area not only the museum. There are lots of things to do in the area.

I drew this shot. I like the composition.

"Head of Satyr" found in Antioch.

A shot from the garden

1 comment:

  1. These are amazing photos, incredible mosaics. The depth of history displayed here is stunning and i bet to see this in person would be a moving experience. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete