Friday, January 13, 2012

Ataturk's Portraits

Feyhaman Duran, 1934


Nazmi Ziya Guran, 1926, Istanbul




Vilhelm Victor Krausz, 1916 Anafartalar


This painting was the first portrait of Ataturk. Krausz painted this in Canakkale during the war, Anafartalar. To me, this painting focuses on Ataturk's eyes, which were very bright blue and give many massages.


Mihri Hanim 


She was the first Turkish woman painter. That's why I like this painting more because women need to be supported and encouraged in Turkey.

Arthur Kampf, 1927 Cankaya Kosku


Ibrahim Calli, 1934




Mustafa Kemal Atatürk (19 May 1881-10 November 1938) was the bravest, smartest Turkish soldier, revolutionary statesman, writer, and the first President of Turkey. He was the founder of the Republic of Turkey.  He always appreciated art.


Many museums were opened. Art events were started.  Books and magazines were published.
He did anything to support Turkish art. He was always interested in art since his childhood.


He was the most important leader to me. His revolutions has given freedom to Turks and I believe is we have to appreciate his reforms. We have to respect him.


He believed that if nations want to be developed and advanced, they have to support art and artists.


He said that "A nation devoid of art and artists cannot have a full existence.”  And he was completely right. Art is very important for nations. These days in Turkey,  because of censorship and control of art, art is losing itself, instead of giving messages and criticizing. That makes me sad. In Turkey, artists can't have an art show which has nude paintings. Isn't it terrible? Sculptures are being destroyed because they are ugly, and freakish. I'm so sorry Ataturk! I know If you knew that this things are going on, you would be so sorry as well!


I'm one of them who love art and follow your reforms.  As long as I live you'll be in my heart.


Gunes

No comments:

Post a Comment